The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders is happy to announce CSD 424 – Sign Language I will be offered this summer from July 13 to July 26. This two week intensive summer experience is led by a speech-language clinician who is a teacher of the Deaf and hard of hearing and is also a cross categorical teacher.
Students enrolled in the CSD American Sign Language summer course previous years described their experience in this University Communications feature video.
Top Reasons to Attend Summer Term
- Get a jump on one of our most in-demand course.
- Accelerated course format. Courses taught in summer term are “accelerated” because they cover what is usually a semester’s worth of material in a few weeks. CS&D 424 meets every day for 2.5 hours and students should expect to spend an additional few hours each day on reading and other homework.
- Lighten your load now and more time for internships or other opportunities down the line
- Try something new!
- Keep your brain active. Taking summer courses will keep your brain active all year round. The more you exercise your brain, the better it will perform.
- Great opportunity for rising high school seniors to earn college credit and to see what campus feels like. You get an outstanding UW-Madison experience