Student Academy of Audiology (SAA)
The Student Academy of Audiology (SAA) is a professional student organization for those dedicated to the profession of audiology. The mission of the University of Wisconsin Chapter of SAA is to serve as a collective voice for students within the chapter area and to advance the rights, interests, and welfare of students pursuing careers in audiology. Chapters will engage students in lifelong professional activities that promote and advance the profession of audiology, and provide services, information, education, representation and advocacy for the profession and the public we serve.
The University of Wisconsin Chapter has a unique opportunity to be split between two University of Wisconsin Campuses – UW-Madison and UW-Stevens Point, and holds monthly join meetings between the two campuses.
Contact the SAA President at WisconsinSAA@gmail.com for more information.
SAA, UW-Madison Chapter
National Student Speech Language Hearing Association (NSSLHA)
NSSLHA exists to provide guidance and resources to students interested in the fields of speech/language pathology and audiology. Involvement in NSSLHA leads to a fuller appreciation of the professions of speech-language pathology and audiology and a greater awareness of the issues affecting these fields. Some issues include:
- encouraging professional interest among college and university students in the study of normal and disordered human communication behavior;
- assisting college and university departments and local organizations interested in speech, hearing, and language behavior and disorders;
- providing professional information;
- providing a vehicle for student representation in matters of professional concern; and
- developing leadership skills for students. Many NSSLHA chapter presidents go on to assume leadership roles on the NSSLHA executive council and in ASHA or the state associations.
NSSLHA, UW-Madison Chapter
NSSLHA, UW-Madison Chapter Facebook