We believe that undergraduate advising is an important part of career planning and career development. We offer undergraduate academic advising in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders through regularly scheduled group drop-in sessions. Advisors are available to answer specific questions from individual students before and after these sessions. We offer limited individual advising appointments for special circumstances. We encourage students to attend drop-in sessions early and often during their academic career. During group drop-in sessions, CS&D advisors can help with:
- Curricular planning and course access
- DARS interpretation
- Declaration of the major for L&S students
- Documentation of study-abroad plans
- Identification, interpretation and application of most academic policies
- Major and degree requirements
- Exploration of interests in independent study and research
- Understanding the differences between paths to the major
Undergraduate Advising Sessions
Graduate Advising Sessions
We offer a variety of sessions aimed at graduate students. These topics focus on specific areas of interests, such as developing professional resumes, licensing and certification, and interviewing techniques.
There are no upcoming events at this time.