Amy Hartman, Au.D., CCC-A
Position title: Clinical Professor, Audiologist
Phone: (608) 262-6481
373 Goodnight Hall
1975 Willow Drive
Madison, WI 53706
B.S., University of Wisconsin–Madison
M.A., University of Minnesota–Twin Cities
Au.D., Arizona School of Health Sciences
CS&D 832: Pediatric Audiology
CS&D 834: Counseling for Audiologists
CS&D 891: Clinical Clerkship in Audiology I
CS&D 892: Clinical Clerkship in Audiology II
CS&D 893: Clinical Clerkship in Audiology III
CS&D 894: Externship in Audiology
CS&D 899: Capstone in Audiology
CS&D 999: Seminar: Enhancing Clinical Skills
Background and Expertise
Dr. Hartman is the director of clinical education at the University of Wisconsin Madison. She is involved in all facets of Au.D. education and is committed to student training, particularly in the area of pediatric audiology. Her clinical passion is working with children with hearing loss, particularly audiologic assessments of infants and children, and central auditory processing evaluations. She is actively involved in local, state, regional and national initiatives to promote screening, early diagnosis, and treatment for children with hearing loss. She has been involved in multiple student research projects focusing on early hearing detection and intervention. She is involved in many outreach activities including out of hospital clinics for the Amish and Mennonite population in Wisconsin. Additional clinical services include hosting a dramatic play summer camp for children with hearing loss. Before working at the university, Dr. Hartman worked at a children’s hospital, in a school setting and at a large otolaryngology clinic.
- Member, American Speech-Language Hearing Association
- Member, Wisconsin Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Association
- Fellow, American Academy of Audiology
- Consultant, LEND Pediatric Audiology Program
- Advisor, Student Academy of Audiology Advisor University of Wisconsin
- Appointed member, Wisconsin Newborn Hearing Subcommittee
- Awarded Honors of the Association, Wisconsin Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Association, 2018
- Awarded Outstanding Service, Wisconsin Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Association, 2013
- Awarded SAA Hear Chapter Grant, 2015, 2016
- American Speech-Language Hearing Association’s Award for Continuing Education (2003, 2008, 2013, 2016)
Buhr-Lawler, M. and Hartman, A., Reflect, Mentor, Lead: A Unique Experience in Audiology Education, Hearing Journal, July 2016, Volume 69, Issue 7, p. 32.35.
Hartman, A. and Kroll, A., Assistive Technology Internet Module: Hearing II, Using the WATI Assessment Process, https://ataem.org/using-the-wati-assessment-process, June 2016.
Hartman, A. and Kroll, A., Assistive Technology Internet Module: Hearing I, Using the WATI Assessment Process, https://ataem.org/using-the-wati-assessment-process, February 2016.