Goodnight Hall Community Engagement Activity: Lakeshore Nature Preserve
September 18 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
It looks like it should be a nice fall day! We are still working out some details, but we are planning on doing some brush cutting and/or seed collecting in the nearby Willow Creek Woods. Plan on meeting in front of Goodnight Hall for the event kick-off at 1pm.
This will be a joint project day with faculty, staff, and students from both Communication Sciences and Disorders and the Aquatic Sciences Center. This should be a great way to promote more connections between the two groups AND tackle some outdoor projects along the Lakeshore Path. Stop out early to introduce yourself to someone new!
Here are some event details and reminders:
- Volunteers are required to wear long pants and closed toe shoes.
- Long sleeves and a hat are highly recommended.
- Pets are not allowed at the event.
- Please bring your own drinking water bottle. You can refill bottles inside Goodnight Hall.
- Work gloves will be provided, but anyone can bring their own work gloves.
- We will follow UW COVID guidelines, so masks are not required to be worn outdoors, but people may wish to do so.
- The activity will be cancelled in the event of steady rain.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAKE LOTS OF PHOTOS! BE ON THE LOOKOUT, AS BOTH GROUPS WILL BE USING THEM FOR SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS!! We will also be sharing our event photos with the UW Office of Sustainability.