CSD Employment Opportunities
Want to work with us? We are excited to have you!
Our current employment opportunities are listed below. Please visit the Position Vacancy Listing (PVL) web link for full position descriptions and application instructions.
Professor of Communication Sciences and Disorders
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at the University of Wisconsin - Madison seeks to hire two tenure-track faculty members at the level of assistant, associate, or full professor. Appointments will begin August, 2017. Applicants must have a Ph.D. (or equivalent) in Communication Sciences & Disorders, Developmental/Experimental Psychology, Linguistics, Cognitive/Behavioral Neuroscience, or a related field. Prior teaching experience is preferred. Candidates at the tenure-track level must show potential for developing outstanding and highly visible scholarly research as well as excellence in undergraduate and graduate teaching. Appointment with tenure requires review by the Biological Sciences Divisional Committee prior to appointment.
Principal duties include:
- teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders in areas appropriate to candidate's interests and background, as well as areas of departmental needs;
- establishing and conducting an independent, active research program in areas of specialization;
- mentoring and advising students in undergraduate, masters and/or Ph.D. and AUD degree programs;
- providing university and professional service as appropriate for career stage. Preferred areas of emphasis are speech science/disorders and hearing/audiology.
Expertise in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable: speech science, acoustics, speech motor control, phonetics/phonology, fluency, voice, neurogenic speech/language disorders, hearing/audiology and/or neuroscience.
For assured consideration, applications must be received by 11/15/2016. Please send all application materials to Rhonda Jacobs at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference PVL 88056. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Application materials should include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Research Statement
- Teaching Statement with prior teaching evaluation materials.
- Two publications
- Three letters of recommendation.
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders is committed to diversity and community building. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. A criminal background check is required prior to start of employment.
CSD Training Opportunities
Our current training opportunities in Post-Doctoral work, and other similar opportunities are listed below. Please review the full position descriptions and application instructions, as requirements may differ between positions.
There are currently no open employment opportunities.